Thursday, July 30, 2009

Getting to Singapore: The Ups and The Downs

We'll I got up early Saturday morning, 7am, Daniel (my fellow teacher) and I left for the bus station to Seoul, which is about 4hr from Geochang. After watching Slumdog Millionaire and some other shorts films we arrived in town. With a few more hours to spare Daniel and I had to go buy him some new shoes (as he has big feet and shoes in his size is hard to come buy). We went to the part of town called Etwon (sp). This place is like a “little America” and as Daniel was getting his shoes; I found it. After months of looking and drink their cheap crap imitation I found real Mt Dew from America. It was 12oz of Heaven straight from the good old US of A. It cost me about $1.50 American but it was so worth it. Needless to say, as Kohute would put it, “I crushed it like 3 fatties in dodgeball!!”. After that we made it to the other bus station that would take us to the airport. This was a rather unpleasant experience. I won't go into all the details, but let's just say that in a one week's time they completely reorganized their buildings layout of ticketing distribution, and this coupled with stupid people working the help desk; we ended up walking around the terminal 3 times until we found the place we needed to be.

At the airport, the flight got delayed by 1hr, so Daniel and I got dinner, at which I dared him10,000won(~$10) to kiss this poster of a pretty girl on a cart in the public eatery and of course being a guy..he did it..lol Mind you he is Canadian and once said one could fly from the America to the US, implying to travel internationally..(love ya Daniel if you are reading this). The Flight from Seoul to Beijing was short, but man was it awful the plane was so hot, 200+ people and a half ass working a/c is rather terrible. I am not exaggerating when I say the plane was a least 80 degrees F. Warning, never fly Air China, unless you really have too. Upon, landing I can now say I have been to China, sort of if you count the airport..lol. On a side note if you every do go to China, don't order the drink “sex on the beach” and except to get what they serve in America. But rather expect something like a “sex on a dirty polluted river/beach” or something like that. There was nothing fruity about this drink. It was just small brown and reeking of vodka and something else I couldn't id. Last side note, if you have seen Slumdog you may get this joke, if not please read on. But we met a Scottish guy, who may have lived by the Big Ben Lock next to Sean Connery's Flat.

Anyhow, other than the random silliness in China, mostly brought on by about 18hrs of continues traveling that day, we got on the 2nd plane from china to Singapore. The 6hr flights was really really cold, which is ironic compared to this 1st air china plane and was a little bumpy, but mostly uneventful, but again don't fly Air China, they are cheap but well…you get what you pay for a to say. After 23 hrs of being awake and traveling for most of that I arrived in Singapore, Met Andrew Law my friend from college, whose house I'll be crashing out at this week, and after we got to his place I showered and napped. Boy is it Hot!! Go Equator Living!!…I'll post my Singapore experience itself in my next post. God Bless You All!!

No comments: